Tuesday, September 11, 2012

K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. is a life philosphy in our home, family, and business. It means
Keep
It
Simple
Silly (Stupid, S**thead, you get the idea)

So for my first blog EVER I thought "Keep It Simple Salko"!

I wanted to start this site for so many reasons and the thread tying them together is understanding basics and foundations. What are your core needs/wants? How can a task be streamlined?  Are you overthinking a project? How do I get rid of the clutter? How can I get the kids schedule work best for the family? Plus "Kiss Me Kate" sounds really cute. (Come on! You got to give me that.)

Each entry will apply the KISS idea to different aspects of life. Some will apply to design tips and ideas derived from our custom cabinet shop, Tomkat Fine Woodworking.  Others will apply to family life and raising children. My kids and husband may even contribute from time to time. And still more will apply to organizing your life and home.

K.I.S.S. isn't about missing out. It's about letting go of all the noise and clutter. Its about concentrating on your core. It's about clearing the space to keep the focus on what's important in your life. Its about taking a breath once in a while.
And so I invite you to read my insights and share some of your own.  Next topic...I invite you to dinner.

Kate and husband Tom are the owners of Tomkat Fine Woodworking, LLC in Madison NJ. Their products were featured on This Old House, HGTV, and Old Home Journal magazine.
Find out more about Tomkat Fine Woodworking, LLC at  www.tomkatfw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment